Joseph Deek’s major responsibilities include the diagnosis, prevention, interception, and treatment of all forms of malocclusion of the teeth and associated alterations in their surrounding structures; the design, application and control of functional and corrective appliances; and the guidance of the dentition and its supporting structures to attain and maintain optimum occlusal relations in physiologic and esthetic harmony among facial and cranial structures.
Dr. Deek is also a dentofacial orthopedist. He deals with the area of dentistry concerned with the supervision, guidance, and correction of the growing or mature dentofacial structures, including those conditions that require movement of teeth or correction of mal-relationships and malformations of their related structures and the adjustment of relationships between and among teeth and facial bones by the application of forces and/or the stimulation and redirection of functional forces within the craniofacial complex.
- bachelor of science at Nova Southeastern University
- Doctorate of dental medicine at University of Illinois Chicago
- Masters of Science in dentistry at Indiana University
- Orthodontic residency at Indiana university
Dr. Deek stays up to date with the latest innovations and upcoming research in orthodontics. On an annual basis, he attends various orthodontic conferences and seminars to continually provide the highest level of care for his patients.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists
- Indiana Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics, Diplomate
- American Dental Association
- Indiana Dental Association
- Northwest Indiana Dental Society, Board member
Outside the office
I enjoy spending time with my family when I am not in the office. I have four nieces and nephews that keep me busy. I enjoy spending time outdoors, hiking and trying all the dessert places I can find in the Region!